Live Cultures and FOS For Natural Fibre
OptiBac 'Bifidobacteria & fibre'
OptiBac 'Bifidobacteria & fibre' has been created especially for those seeking a high quality natural bacteria and fibre supplement. It contains Bifidobacterium lactis BB-12, thought to be the most researched strain of the entire Bifidobacterium family, and 4g of FOS (fructooligosaccharides). Suggested for daily use, each capsule provides 5 billion live microorganisms that will survive through stomach acidity and bile salts and is guaranteed per capsule until end of expiry. OptiBac 'Bifidobacteria & fibre' is suitable for infants (one year+), women during pregnancy, vegans, vegetarians and is also gluten-free for those with celiac disease or those with an intolerance.
Take 1 sachet initially and up to 4 sachets per day if required, with plenty of water.
Adults and children (1 year and over):
- Take 1 sachet daily with food, preferably with breakfast when stomach acidity is at its most neutral.
- For ongoing use: 1 sachet will often suffice but more can be taken as desired, or as professionally instructed.
- Shake the sachet, then slowly sprinkle contents into a glass of water and vigorously swirl to dissolve fully.
- Do not use a spoon as this may cause the sachet contents to clump.
- Drink plenty of water with this supplement.
- Do not exceed recommended daily dosage.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle.
- Fructooligosaccharides (FOS)
- Standardised culture: Bifidobacterium lactis BB-12¬Æ
- Anticaking agent: silicon dioxide
Each sachet guarantees 5 billion micro-organisms + 4g FOS fibres.
Suitable for vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free diets.
Potential side effects / warnings / contraindications:
Live cultures are not recommended for those with serious medical conditions e.g. those who are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the ICU, have melaena, have a central venous catheter, infants with short bowel syndrome, or to patients with open wounds following major surgery; unless under a doctor's care